View Single Post
Old 04-09-2022, 12:05 AM   #46
theastronaut

Re: Winter Beater Build 2.0- '66 Short/Fleet BBW

Thanks dudes! I did use Prestone rad flush when I first had it together and running, that pic is what was flushed out. Since the block never fully drains it took a few flushes before it came out clear. It's stayed clear since then.

I've put a little over 100 miles on it so far. Just like the winter beater '66 it's having charging issues, I had to jump start it the last couple of days. I think the other one was the plug on the alternator, I haven't looked into this one yet other than checking voltage at the battery and alternator post- it's at 11.xx on both . I got a few more parts in this week- battery hold down, pedal pads, door bumpers, tailgate chain covers, and a dome light. It's only getting 9-10 mpg and feels pretty sluggish compared to the '69 I had that had a 250. I'll steal the wideband off my Festiva and start dialing in the carb. It also still has a slight misfire at idle on cylinder #4 until it warms up so I'm going to pull the intake and use a Remflex gasket to make sure there's no vacuum leaks. The rear is too low without a C-notch, not sure what I'll do since I really don't want to cut the frame but it also looks good this low. I can trim the bump stops another 3/4"-1", I'll try that first.

"I'll go to LKQ and get Jeep wipers" hasn't happened yet, so this was fun.

Made even worse by this... it was spraying all the way up to my knee

I got the toe-in down from 7/8 to 1/16".

We're selling my Granddad's house so we started cleaning out his workshop last weekend. I've seen an old Ford F1 ad that touted that they had the lowest bed floor height for easier loading, we've definitely strayed from that as a selling point on new trucks. Having the truck lowered definitely made it easy to roll the hand trucks straight into the bed. Papa had a few of these trucks; I found a full set of stock wheels, a three speed trans, a few pieces of side trim, and deluxe heater controls.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote