View Single Post
Old 06-12-2023, 12:18 PM   #438
Hart_Rod

Re: DBW Gas Pedal Adpater bracket for truck/suv pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewittca View Post
I finally had a chance to get my pedal bracket installed and wanted to share an updated review for anyone looking to use this bracket. Overall, it is a very nice bracket, but it needed several modifications to work how I wanted it. First off, as with a few others with 72s in this thread, none of the holes really lined up. I had to enlarge the three mounting holes on the right quite a bit, and the two holes on the left were not over top of the ribs so I had to redrill those completely. As for pedal placement, it is fine but it sets the pedal far off the floor. For me, it was awkward to push. Technically, the bracket does allow you to get full throw on the pedal, but you don't need that much travel. The sensor reads 100% throttle at about 50% pedal throw. With this in mind, I added an angled plate to the bracket to move the pedal closer to the floor. This puts it in a much more comfortable position and still gives me WOT with the pedal pushed against the floor. I also welded in nuts on the back side so mounting the pedal would be easier, and swapped out the basic hardware that came with the bracket to something a little nicer. As it is now, I am very happy with the bracket, but it would have been nice if this is how it came out of the box (esp. for the price). That being said, every truck is different and this is on a highly modified truck, so it's not unreasonable to expect to have to make some adjustments.

Thanks for review. I'm not sure what the issue was with the holes as it is drilled for the 67-70 and the 71-72 which is a different pattern. I set these up with consideration for the firewall insulation and having carpet installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2809 View Post
that's strange mine lined up perfect on my 67. are the 72's that different?
71 and 72 have a different pattern as they have a cable for the carburetor vice a rod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1981_c10 View Post
Just sent paypal for bracket. Shipping address connected to paypal payment from Tiffany (my wife).
Your bracket shipped this morning. Thanks for your purchase! Take care,

Rob
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote