View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 04:13 PM   #57
theastronaut

Re: RnD Fabrication 1947-1954 Chevrolet & GMC Pickup & Suburban Aluminum Radiators!

To clarify, I never "refused" the offer of a "free" filler neck. It never was offered as "free" until I brought the issue to the forum. I simply stated in emails that I shouldn't have to pay for a filler neck, or pay to fix the filler neck that was made improperly to begin with. Sparky wanted $35 plus shipping for a neck the first time I contacted him to resolve the filler neck issue.

Another thing to make more clear. RnD edited their product description after I contacted them to resolve the filler neck issue. When I ordered the radiator there was no mention of "Standard layout is with fill neck is on top and upper tank made flat with notched corners (contact us or note on order if you wish to have the fill neck off the back vertical face and / or if you need the upper tank to be radiused)".

Here is the original description from when I ordered. This is a cached page (dated 2/2/18) that anyone can view via a google search.

The current (edited) product description. Note that the standard filler neck location is now said to be on top of the tank, where accessing the cap is impossible with the original style radiator support and top cover. Why would you make that change knowing that there is no access to the radiator cap in that location? That makes no sense, unless you've added that description to favor your side of the argument.

The original warranty description, cached version dated 12/29/17. Note that filler neck location was never mentioned as not covered by the warranty.

The current edited version. Filler neck location is added to the "must be notified within ten day" rule.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote