The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #28
imholte

Re: 1st Timer 72 Slow Build

Just dropped the orange bomber off at the local muffler shop for some exhaust work, or complete exhaust install from the horns back.

I talked to him about the best sizes and he recommended a 2 1/4 tube size. I told him I wanted a 2 1/2 but he said with a stock 350 that I have and even if I horse it up some, which I plan on doing, that I wont make that much of a difference in the performance. I figured he knew better than me. The pipes will be dumping out infront of the rear tires. Not sure if it will get done today or not, but I sure hope so.

This has been a long time coming but had to get the truck functioning safely with the suspension and brakes and all that jazz. I cant wait to hear what it will sound like. I asked for something that is not too loud at idle but gets a little louder when you step on it, but I also dont want too much drone in the cab when driving. Hopefully it all turns out okay