The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
TX72C10

1972 LS3 C10 build

Here is the start of my 1972 C10 build. I was not sure I was going to put it out on the site but the information that I got from this site was so helpful that I thought maybe I could help someone in return. I started with a one owner 1972 SWB C10 that my grandfather bought brand new and it only had 30,000 miles on it. Some of you will probably think I am crazy for taking this clean of a truck and doing this build but the bottom line is it still is a 40 year old truck that needed to be rebuilt. I thought about doing a frame off and putting it back original but after thinking about it for a few years decided to build a truck with 21st century parts that would be a fun (with some guts) driver. Now I did not have the time to build the truck myself so I called my friend Rick Jones with RJ Race Cars www.rjracecars.com and asked if he would be interested. Rick built all my Pro Stock cars in the lates 80s and early 90s and we were partners when he raced IHRA Pro Stock. Rick told me "hell ya" we can do it and here starts my build.
Attached Images

TX72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote