The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-09-2014, 06:35 PM   #1201
Crash_OK

Re: Crash's 69 K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreLoveThanMoney View Post
Mark I'm curious, after everything you did to rebuild the front end and change out the steering box, did you ever consider cross over steering? Trying to figure out if its worth it or not and just wondering what your opinion of the stock steering setup is
I did consider the cross over steering. I only have a 2 1/2" lift, so I didn't feel it was worth the extra effort. I am very pleased with the steering that I have on the truck now. The quicker ratio steering box seemed to make the most difference..

Let me know if I can help you with anything else

Have a great day.

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB

Crash's Roof over Lake Home

Crash's 1988 Land Cruiser Build

Last edited by Crash_OK; 02-10-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Crash_OK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:37 PM   #1202
Crash_OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamcake View Post
GREAT build. I PMed you about help with my 4x4 blazer (72) brake lines. Thank you
Thanks Got your message.. I PM'd you back...

Good luck with your build..

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB

Old 02-20-2014, 11:37 PM   #1203
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Boy, this truck turned out great! I really love the black on black, and those wheels look great on there! Kyle did an amazing job on the paint too! I noticed you added door poppers to back at around page 30-35. Were those just power locks or? I hope my bed floor turns out as nice as yours too!
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #1204
67c10rustbuket

So is that you at sonic in mustang? Or a clone..

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:38 PM   #1205
Crash_OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
So is that you at sonic in mustang? Or a clone..
Not me Dan.... Must be a clone... :-)

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB

Old 05-18-2014, 11:00 AM   #1206
Crash_OK

Just an update... I have had someone make me an offer for the 69.. I am not sure if I want to sell or not. I love driving the 69, but it really is too nice to use as a daily driver. When I started this build I was building a DD, but it got away from me and I went a little over board. Before I sell, if I do, I need to finish up a few of things.. Kyle is going to finish up with polishing the paint whenever he can get a open spot in his shop..

I need to replace the front spring mounts on the front axle. The piece that is riveted to the frame that the front leaf spring mounts to. The bolt holes are elongated from years of use. I missed it when I was putting it all back together the first time. It really isn't a problem, the truck drives great, but you can hear a little pop when you start to backup.

Also need to decide if I am going to reupholster the seats or not.

And finally I want to take it to a few more car shows before it goes.

If I sell I will use the funds to start two new projects.. another 67-72 truck project.. Daily Driver this time, and 1st Gen Camaro project.. once again Daily Driver..

I am also currently doing some work on a 88 FJ62.. See my build in the alternate tinkering's section .. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=6676954

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB

Old 05-18-2014, 11:08 AM   #1207
Hart_Rod

Tough decision. I had a really good offer on my my gold 68. It was tough to turn down, buy I feel like you. I just got it back together and I want to drive it for a while...
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:29 PM   #1208
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

When you figure out how to actually build a DD, will you post a how to on that??

I always start with good intentions, and one thing always leads to another.

Your truck will always get offers. Enjoy it!
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:32 PM   #1209
mud.man.rj

I know what you mean Crash, it is hard to stop at a certain point and then all of a sudden you went just a bit to far and not the best DD. Sure someone else will love the truck too, it is that nice.
mud.man.rj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:00 AM   #1210
Crash_OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
Tough decision. I had a really good offer on my my gold 68. It was tough to turn down, buy I feel like you. I just got it back together and I want to drive it for a while...

You are right... it is a tough decision.. I have a few weeks to decide.. The gentlemen that is interested in it, lives in the same area I have my lake place.. he has several projects going on right now.. so I have some time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
When you figure out how to actually build a DD, will you post a how to on that??

I always start with good intentions, and one thing always leads to another.

Your truck will always get offers. Enjoy it!

Good point Steve.. I am trying to do that on the 88 Land Cruiser.. we will see...

Another good point on the offers...

Thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud.man.rj View Post
I know what you mean Crash, it is hard to stop at a certain point and then all of a sudden you went just a bit to far and not the best DD. Sure someone else will love the truck too, it is that nice.
It all started when I sand blasted and painted the frame... from there it was over.... :-)

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB

Old 05-19-2014, 02:45 PM   #1211
mud.man.rj

Had a few ask about my truck but have put over $35k into to it now so not really worth selling for what some think it is worth, trading is a better option for me, usually you can find something comparable price and build wise.
mud.man.rj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:07 PM   #1212
ryanroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash_OK View Post
It all started when I sand blasted and painted the frame... from there it was over.... :-)
i think that was the turning point for me too. after that, everything gets taken apart... its starting to get ridiculous. haha

if you are in a position to keep it, i say do so. you can sell a nice 4x4 shortbed any time. or a truck with a slick black paint job any time. i think i would drive it and love it for a bit anyway.

i get sort of offers on my jeep a lot, and have considered selling it too, but when it comes down to it, i just cant!

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:07 PM   #1213
Crash_OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud.man.rj View Post
Had a few ask about my truck but have put over $35k into to it now so not really worth selling for what some think it is worth, trading is a better option for me, usually you can find something comparable price and build wise.
This is something to think about.. I would still like to drive it some this summer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
i think that was the turning point for me too. after that, everything gets taken apart... its starting to get ridiculous. haha

if you are in a position to keep it, i say do so. you can sell a nice 4x4 shortbed any time. or a truck with a slick black paint job any time. i think i would drive it and love it for a bit anyway.

i get sort of offers on my jeep a lot, and have considered selling it too, but when it comes down to it, i just cant!
I don't need to sell it, I just hate seeing it sit there and being afraid to park it in the parking garage at work... I could use the money to fund future projects.. I am not going to give it away.. I knew early on in the project that I would never get what I have in it back.. I would like to at least get a fair market value for it... whatever that might be...

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB

Old 05-19-2014, 11:14 PM   #1214
mcbassin
Still Learning

Quote:
This is something to think about.. I would still like to drive it some this summer...

I don't need to sell it, I just hate seeing it sit there and being afraid to park it in the parking garage at work... I could use the money to fund future projects.. I am not going to give it away.. I knew early on in the project that I would never get what I have in it back.. I would like to at least get a fair market value for it... whatever that might be...
I'm sure you can fund all your projects. Just spread them out over 5 years like me.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:01 AM   #1215
mcbassin
Still Learning

Hey Mark,
I found the part number for the brake booster hose you used HERE but didn't see a part number for the fitting that goes in the booster. Do you have one for the later model booster? thanks
Old 05-23-2014, 10:26 AM   #1216
Crash_OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Hey Mark,
I found the part number for the brake booster hose you used HERE but didn't see a part number for the fitting that goes in the booster. Do you have one for the later model booster? thanks
No, Sorry.. I bought a new booster and the fitting came with it..

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB

Old 05-23-2014, 11:21 AM   #1217
mcbassin
Still Learning

Quote:
No, Sorry.. I bought a new booster and the fitting came with it..
So you used the original 69 fitting? Mine seems too small? Fits really loose in the hose.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:11 PM   #1218
Crash_OK

Quote:
Just an update... I have had someone make me an offer for the 69.. I am not sure if I want to sell or not. I love driving the 69, but it really is too nice to use as a daily driver. When I started this build I was building a DD, but it got away from me and I went a little over board. Before I sell, if I do, I need to finish up a few of things.. Kyle is going to finish up with polishing the paint whenever he can get a open spot in his shop..

I need to replace the front spring mounts on the front axle. The piece that is riveted to the frame that the front leaf spring mounts to. The bolt holes are elongated from years of use. I missed it when I was putting it all back together the first time. It really isn't a problem, the truck drives great, but you can hear a little pop when you start to backup.

Also need to decide if I am going to reupholster the seats or not.

And finally I want to take it to a few more car shows before it goes.

If I sell I will use the funds to start two new projects.. another 67-72 truck project.. Daily Driver this time, and 1st Gen Camaro project.. once again Daily Driver..

I am also currently doing some work on a 88 FJ62.. See my build in the alternate tinkering's section .. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=6676954
Had a second serious offer on the truck, but it didn't work out.. I guess it will be mine for a while longer.. Going to go ahead and finish up all the little things I had left. Hope to get it all done this week, then I am going to start tearing down the land cruiser.. getting it ready for the 5.3..

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB

Old 06-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #1219
NastyBuzzard

Super sweet build, I am not sure how you could ever consider selling such a sexy ride!!

Im doing something very similar to my 87 GMC V1500 4x4 longbed. What kind of MPG you gettin with the 5.3?
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:21 AM   #1220
Crash_OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyBuzzard View Post
Super sweet build, I am not sure how you could ever consider selling such a sexy ride!!

Im doing something very similar to my 87 GMC V1500 4x4 longbed. What kind of MPG you gettin with the 5.3?
15 to 16 on the highway.. depends on how I drive.. Get about 15mpg on my last trip.. 151 miles 9.9 gallons.. averaged 76mph...

I hear you on the selling, but I think I enjoy restoring more than I do owning..

Good luck on your build..

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB

Old 06-07-2014, 09:22 AM   #1221
Crash_OK

Had a chance this week to get a couple of items completed on the K10.. The front leaf spring brackets were worn. This caused a popping sound in the front in when you backed while turning the wheel. I went ahead and replaced with a set I bought from a board member several months ago…

I drilled all the holes for a tight fit on the 7/16 grade 8 bolts..

I also replaced the window regulator on the passenger side. It had a spot where the window would get hard to roll down.. I thought that the old original regulator may have had a bad spot on the gears.. The new regulator helped, but there is still a place while rolling down the window that you have to kinda help with your hand.. It don’t really bother me, but I will work on it again sometime…

I have another person looking at the truck… but I am not going to get to excited about selling it..

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB

Old 06-07-2014, 09:53 AM   #1222
mcbassin
Still Learning

Very nice work on the shackle mount. You made it look easy...
Old 06-07-2014, 06:08 PM   #1223
Crash_OK

thanks Mike

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB

Old 06-28-2014, 01:16 AM   #1224
Ryan Hubbard

Mark,

When I finished my 71 C20 Longhorn, I got offers quite regularly and I thought about selling. But when it came time to hand over the money the buyers failed to produce.

I finished my truck in 2000 and I now have 50,000 miles on it. I did a complete restore and powder coated the frame and suspension pieces. I have a blown 350 and 4l80e. I really enjoy my truck and drive it a lot. I am starting a second build on a 71 K10 but will be doing a trophy truck build on it.

Just remember the first scratch is the worst. After that it is all down hill and just accept it.
Ryan Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:50 PM   #1225
Crash_OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Hubbard View Post
Mark,

When I finished my 71 C20 Longhorn, I got offers quite regularly and I thought about selling. But when it came time to hand over the money the buyers failed to produce.

I finished my truck in 2000 and I now have 50,000 miles on it. I did a complete restore and powder coated the frame and suspension pieces. I have a blown 350 and 4l80e. I really enjoy my truck and drive it a lot. I am starting a second build on a 71 K10 but will be doing a trophy truck build on it.

Just remember the first scratch is the worst. After that it is all down hill and just accept it.
Thanks Ryan... I agree on your statement about the buyers.. I think it is difficult for people to pull the trigger when it comes down to it... The gentlemen that painted the truck still has a little more work to do, after that I will decide if I really want to sell it or not.

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB