The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2022, 04:49 PM   #1
AcampoDave

Bluetooth O2 sensor and a carb

Today I went ahead and treated myself to this: https://pe-ltd.com/product/wideband/

I intend to use it on my 283 with an Edelbrock 500 cfm carb. The rest of the engine has the usual old school stuff....RV cam, ramhrons w/ duals, Performer EPS, HEI type distributor, and it's got a pair of ported/polished 416 heads from the (ahem) "mighty" 305 H.O.

As I write this, gasoline is around $6.50/gallon in the "Golden State" and so even adding 1 or 2 MPG'S would be worth it to me as this truck does go places. I don't use a speedometer so I have no odometer, but have used the internet to calculate miles on a route and my truck seems to get about 15mpg on the open road. The arrival of this sensor should correspond with the return of my ramhorns from Jet-hot and if it intrests you guys, I'll return to this post and update things as I go. This is my first go-round on seriously tuning a carb so naturally, suggestions along the way are always welcome.

Here's to 17 mpg on the open road......
AcampoDave is offline   Reply With Quote