The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: If you had the option, which of these grills would you use?
Original 66 painted grill 1 20.00%
64-66 C60 painted grill 2 40.00%
an original aluminum grill that needs to be restored 2 40.00%
the repo aluminum grill that is now available 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #10
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Thanks Mark. You know I didn't even think about that when installing the shocks. I am used to the ones that have the piston covered but after you mentioning it and thinking about it some more you might be right. I'll check it out.
I'm going to go with a fairly mild GM 350 crate engine and I'm still deciding on a trans. The trans is coming down to how much I have to spend when the time comes. I was determined at first to stay with a manual and getting 5 or 6 speed but lately I've been considering maybe going with a 700r4 auto. I've always went with the idea that a truck or hotrod needs to have a manual but I'm getting older and lazier and an automatic is starting to sound better.
Right now I have to concentrate on finishing up the painting on the frame so I can finish the brakes and run the brake lines, emergency brake cables, and the fuel lines. Then install my front sway bar and get an adapter from Captfab and install my power steering gear. In between all that I'll be starting some rust repair on the cab.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote