The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2021, 10:22 AM   #27
Woodnears

Re: Daves new 68 chevy swb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
As an owner of an air ride truck, I'm curious about your statement:

Would you mind sharing the specifics?
2 Reasons I say that. 1. Accuair is awesome but also went out of business in the middle of me rebuilding this. With that in mind I decided to set it up to be easier to change to another manufacturer ride controller. I made all new ride height cables from scratch in the length I needed them. I brought each of them right to the back of the truck right behind the rear c notch. i made a plate/panel to mount the ECU and VU4. If in the future I go another route with ride height controller. I can simply cut a new plate/panel and mount the new height controller. While I had the rear notch apart running these new cables I made up I installed a large piece of radiator hose to act as a conduit because taking that back notch apart is a pain in the butt!
2. I had things mounted in a way that they were not easy to get to. For instance the main fuse for the ride controller/compressors, I think its a 70 amp maxi fuse was mounted clear down on the frame rail and I am here to tell you it was not easy to get to. When I reworked the raised bed structure I built in rear mounted battery mounts so i could move all critical electrical connections right at the back of the truck where things are easy to get to. im 6'5" and not on a diet so squeezing myself clear up into the truck to replace/troubleshoot a fuse or electrical connection was not fun at all.

I will try to get some good photos gathered up of some of this stuff this evening. If there is anything specifically someone wants to see just ask and ill try my best.