The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-06-2024, 07:35 AM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: Wiper Blades - Wow! $$

I buy whatever is cheapest and they work just fine most of the time. The only complaints I have are when it's raining

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 02:27 PM   #27
theastronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Rain-X ftw! I used it on my commuter when I was still working. Above about 30 MPH one doesn't even need the wipers. Drove my carpool buddy nuts! He said, "You're the only person I know who doesn't use wipers in the rain!".
X2 for RainX. I actually like Griot's Garage Glass Sealant better, it lasts longer. I polish the windshield to remove any old coating or contamination, rinse it to make sure it's not beading at all and to make sure all of the abrasive from the polish is off, then apply a couple of coats of Glass Sealant. Wipers are very rarely needed if the glass is clean.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 06:52 PM   #28
62c30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
I will admit it has been some time since I replaced the wiper blades on my '99 Tahoe but this was a bit of a sticker shock to me! Stopped in at our local O'reallys and asked for set of 20'' blades for said '99 Tahoe. Was shown several options and decided on a pair of Bosch, total for the pair just a shade under $50 with a veteran's discount. If I had gone with Rain-X would have been more yet. Tahoe resides in the garage unless I'm driving it so these should last a bit I'm hoping!

Still recovering from the sticket shock, It will pass with time I guess like all the other sticker shocks one receives now for the last several years.
Menards had some Goodyear wiper blades on sale for around $8 a couple of months ago. They have some other brands ranging from $5 up to about $15. So if you make up to Wichita you might swing by there.
62c30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 10:22 PM   #29
Ironhorse

Thanks to all for the tips on the wiper blades. I was in a bit of a rush to get them replaced as I knew they were pretty shoddy. The weather guesser kept calling for perhaps some pretty good rain showers and that turned out to be a almost total non-event, LOL

Guess I'm covered for awhile. But it does seem wiper blades don't last like I remember them doing so in the past.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 06:21 AM   #30
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

Ollie's and Wal- mart for me, box part stores and local are to high. Same with oil and filters Wal- mart is the cheapest usually oil and filter is same as oil at Advance AZone, O'Reilly etc.
69 C-10, OWNED 35YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 06:47 PM   #31
Tom
driving is in my blood

Here in AZ wiper blades last one summer. Thats it.

So i buy one new one for the drivers side. Drivers side gets rotated to the passenger side. Passenger side gets tossed.
-CBR600F4i, CBR600RR, CBR1000RR, and standup skis
DISCLAIMER: I cant spell for the life of me.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 02:24 PM   #32
Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Here in AZ wiper blades last one summer. Thats it.

So i buy one new one for the drivers side. Drivers side gets rotated to the passenger side. Passenger side gets tossed.
I have great luck with the Bosch Icon's, I usually get 3+ years out of them.

1998 C2500 lot-rot rescue
Shifty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 11:05 PM   #33
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
I will admit it has been some time since I replaced the wiper blades on my '99 Tahoe but this was a bit of a sticker shock to me! Stopped in at our local O'reallys and asked for set of 20'' blades for said '99 Tahoe. Was shown several options and decided on a pair of Bosch, total for the pair just a shade under $50 with a veteran's discount. If I had gone with Rain-X would have been more yet. Tahoe resides in the garage unless I'm driving it so these should last a bit I'm hoping!

Still recovering from the sticket shock, It will pass with time I guess like all the other sticker shocks one receives now for the last several years.
I recently paid 70-80 bucks for Bosch on my 2013 Tundra, at O'reallys. I couldn't believe it. Amazon would have been a better option, but I need them.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote