The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2014, 11:28 PM   #1
schornet

My "new" 68 GMC Suburban

Just picked up this 68 and drove it 1,100 miles home to Colorado. 327, TH400, PS, PB A/C. It shows not quite 48,000 miles now on the odometer and I believe that to be original. I am the 3rd owner. There isn't any rust on top or underneath and this thing runs and drives like a dream and is extremely tight. Everything works, even the radio! It still has 2 of the original T-3 headlights. The owners' manual and Protect-o-plate and warranty book were in the glove box along with some maintenance papers. When I got home, I pulled the cover off the spare tire (which may be original, or very old at the very least) and found a large Ziploc in the tire well that contained even more maintenance paperwork, a factory service manual, a GM Turbo Hydra-matic manual, a GM A/C service manual, a GM Rochester Carb manual and a partial build sheet. I found another build sheet under the drivers' seat that crumbled, but I was able to partially assemble it. I also found an original 68 Suburban sales brochure that the original owner made notes all over when he was ordering the truck. The only issue I have right now is the passenger exhaust manifold had a small crack in it that opened up and started a small leak on the way home. Oh, and the rear gate "GMC" emblem is broken so I need to find one of them.
Attached Images

Last edited by schornet; 03-23-2014 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Add info
schornet is offline   Reply With Quote