The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-15-2007, 10:11 PM   #351
jugernot
Life, Be In It.....

Re: Project Lemon Drop: anything but stock!

I'm really sorry that I have not had any updates for Lemon Drop. As Kevin stated we moved to a new house in July. Since that house was built in 1965, no-one has up graded the electrical in the garage. I also had to get rid of the old asbestos heater ducks and replace the 1965 furnace and replace it will a 95% energy efficient one ($$$$$)

But in order to up grade the electrical in the garage I had to up grade the service panel from 100 amps to 200 amps. We put a 60 amp sub panel in the garage and wire it for all the good tools.

Well in order to get all that done as well as I have had to work 50-60 hour work weeks to pay for it all. Any free time I spent with my wife and 3 year old daughter. And well know everyone knows that Christmas is coming, so that meant 60-70 hour work weeks.

So I think sometime in Jan 2008 we will make some progress on Lemon Drop. Here are some pics of the garage before and after. I still have to install the base cabinets and figure out what kind of bench top to put down. There are still three boxes filled with tools that need to be put away and then I will have to figure out where I put all my truck parts.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=200082
jugernot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:14 PM   #352
jugernot
Life, Be In It.....

Not a very exciting update, but it is an update. I finally had some free time. So I completed an inventory check on all the parts I have boxed up in my garage. Now everything is numbered and its location is written down on my new inventory sheet. I still have to install the base cabinets in the garage so I can clear some more room in the garage.

Kevin will be coming by sometime in the future to help aligned the front sheet metal and then I will start putting parts on the truck. Stay Tuned…………..

Old 01-17-2008, 07:24 PM   #353
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Well...it's about freakin time!
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:45 PM   #354
jugernot
Life, Be In It.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
Well...it's about freakin time!
Yah, I know I'm starting to get that "I want to work on my project itch"

Old 01-18-2008, 07:18 AM   #355
Inthuwind
Straight jacket required

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugernot View Post
Yah, I know I'm starting to get that "I want to work on my project itch"
Still subscribed and waiting. ITCH ITCH ITCH
3/5 static/ 12bolt rear 3:73
1979 Pontiac Trans Am
10th Anniversary/455/4spd
2011 H-D Street Glide - CAMMED n lowered
Dad always said,"Son, if you can't be good...be good at it."
Inthuwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 07:40 AM   #356
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

'Bout time!

I would have gone NUTS having my truck that close to being done but no time/space to work on it!!!

Hope your enjoying your new place! Get R dun!
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #357
jugernot
Life, Be In It.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
'Bout time!

I would have gone NUTS having my truck that close to being done but no time/space to work on it!!!

Hope your enjoying your new place! Get R dun!

Yes I really like our new place and neighborhood. Living here makes it worth the extra time I have to put in at work. A friend of mine, who is a police officer, where we use to live told me that our old neighborhood has gotten really bad. Some burglaries, auto boost, etc. I'm not a very religious person, but am very thankful to God for helping us with selling our house.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #358
jugernot
Life, Be In It.....

Well I spent about an hour last night reading Sound Deadner Showdown article http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

From the information I learned that Second Skin Damplifier

http://www.secondskinaudio.com/index.php

was the best for my needs. It is comparible to Dynamat Xtreme, and a bit cheaper. So today I gave them a call and placed an order. I will post pictures after the install.

Then I will start with installing the Painless wire harness. Then other parts that I can put inside the cab, ie Vintage Air unit, Steering Column. I also send off my Auto Meter guages to Putter (Eric) for assembly. I just purchased a blazer filler tube and will attempt to copy that Livrat made for Windancer

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post2489088

So, I have a few projects in the works and hopefully have some time to get the ball rolling.
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2008, 09:56 AM   #359
jugernot
Life, Be In It.....

Putter is putting my gauges together and posted a link with the progress.

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...=1#post2564168
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2008, 10:11 AM   #360
abadsvt

Looks awesome!
Other project: C5 corvette swap into 70 c10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post2413517 On Hold
abadsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:42 PM   #361
franky69c10
chevy runs deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by abadsvt View Post
Looks awesome!

1969 c10 swb soon 2 b on the road...

My LWB is a SWB now
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=498241
franky69c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:18 AM   #362
jugernot
Life, Be In It.....

I just made a Craigslist score. I picked these up for $150.00 NEW never installed. I will add them to the pile of parts waiting for installation.
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2008, 05:23 AM   #363
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Last update on that sound deadener showdown site was Oct. 05 over two years ago. Did you consider any other options or just go from that site? Reason Im asking is because Ive been leaning toward Lizard Skin products and wondered if you did any research on them.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:42 AM   #364
jugernot
Life, Be In It.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Last update on that sound deadener showdown site was Oct. 05 over two years ago. Did you consider any other options or just go from that site? Reason Im asking is because Ive been leaning toward Lizard Skin products and wondered if you did any research on them.
About a year ago I researched Lizard Skin, because I wanted to undercoat my cab with it. I did not purchase their kit, purely because I did not have the extra money to purchase it at that time. I called and spoke to the guy who invented lizard skin, and was impressed with what he had to say.

As far as the the sound deadener I choose to line my cab interior. I looked at all the options listed on that site and choose the best at the best price. From my understanding of the information given on that site, second skin was the best for my needs. It is comparible to Dynamat Xtreme, and a bit cheaper.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:21 AM   #365
jugernot
Life, Be In It.....

Well I made some big progress over the last couple of days. Well at least on the garage. I finally finished putting in the base cabinets and building the top for my work bench. Then I found a place for all of the things I had scattered on the garage floor. I swept the floor and moved Lemon Drop to the middle of the garage. Now I know were all my tools are located and I have the room to work on the truck.

The first two pics show the garage prior to the big clean up. Last three show how it looks today.
Attached Images

Last edited by jugernot; 02-20-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:27 AM   #366
Rokcrln

Looking good! You know I am starting to like Yellow

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:12 AM   #367
jugernot
Life, Be In It.....

Well no more talk, I finally did some work on Lemon Drop. As I requested, it was a nice warm sunny day. Both my wife and daughter were at school today. So I spent the day installing my sound mat. I did the insides of the door and from the underside of the dash to the back of the cab. I left a little room open on the floor at the rear of the cab, because I'm thinking of making a fiberglass speaker, amp encloser.

Next I think I will tackle installing my Painless wire harness. I opened the box and took a big sigh. But I think it will go smoothly.

I really like the fourth picture, because my three year old daughter took it, watch out SEE TEN!!!!!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by jugernot; 02-27-2008 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:17 AM   #368
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Well no more talk, I finally did some work on Lemon Drop. As I requested, it was a nice warm sunny day. Both my wife and daughter were at school today. So I spent the day installing my sound mat. I did the insides of the door and from the underside of the dash to the back of the cab. I left a little room open on the floor at the rear of the cab, because I'm thinking of making a fiberglass speaker, amp encloser.

Next I think I will tackle installing my Painless wire harness. I opened the box and took a big sigh. But I think it will go smoothly.

I really like the fourth picture, because my three year old daughter took it, watch out SEE TEN!!!!!!!

Looking good! The wiring is a piece of cake. Read the directions 2 or 3 times. Lay everything out, starting with the fuse panel. Just work on one section at a time. Take your time and it will come out well.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:47 AM   #369
jugernot
Life, Be In It.....

Red face Re: Project Lemon Drop: anything but stock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
Looking good! The wiring is a piece of cake. Read the directions 2 or 3 times. Lay everything out, starting with the fuse panel. Just work on one section at a time. Take your time and it will come out well.
I think this is one of those tasks that I have put off because I have never done it before and I just invision screwing something up. I would hate to ruin a 300 dollar part. But I really want to hear the motor turn over this summer. Thanks for the advise.

Last edited by jugernot; 02-27-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:46 AM   #370
SactoJim

Truck looks great!

I was in the same boat and pretty intimidated at the thought of wiring my truck from scratch. I used the EZ kit and it went just fine....and not even one electrical fire!

When it's over, you'll be asking yourself, "what the hell was the big deal about?"

BTW....your last post with pics....2nd pic. What's that little rectangular box on the fire wall (in the pic it's right under the AC/heater control cut out)?

Quote:
I think this is one of those tasks that I have put off because I have never done it before and I just invision screwing something up. I would hate to ruin a 300 dollar part. But I really want to hear the motor turn over this summer. Thanks for the advise.
- 4 wheel discs
- relocated fuel tank
-

My Build Thread
SactoJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:48 AM   #371
atxsteve1

Lookin good.............
atxsteve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:56 AM   #372
MisterE72
Keep Your Nose Clean

Your sound mat install looks great. What brand did you go with? Is it a precut kit ?
MisterE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:30 AM   #373
jugernot
Life, Be In It.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoJim View Post
Truck looks great!

I was in the same boat and pretty intimidated at the thought of wiring my truck from scratch. I used the EZ kit and it went just fine....and not even one electrical fire!

When it's over, you'll be asking yourself, "what the hell was the big deal about?"

BTW....your last post with pics....2nd pic. What's that little rectangular box on the fire wall (in the pic it's right under the AC/heater control cut out)?
It is a bracket for the vintage air unit Kevin fabricated it, so there would be no bolts inside the engine bay. If you look at the same photo, a little to the right under the glove box you will see a metal strap, it also is for attaching the vintage air unit. From the mind of a genius (Kevin)

He also came up with the idea of putting the fuse block in the now useless kick panel vent hole. So the wire could come up from behind the fender and inner wheel well.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:36 AM   #374
jugernot
Life, Be In It.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterE72 View Post
Your sound mat install looks great. What brand did you go with? Is it a precut kit ?
I used Second Skin Damplifier. It was not precut. It came in sheets that were 12" x 24". Tomorrow I will buy some metal tape and tape over the seems of the sheets, just to clean it up a bit (I know no-one is going to see it, but I will know)

Old 02-27-2008, 11:09 PM   #375
pcorriveau951

jugernot, Very nice job on install the sound deading material, stuff can be a pain to put on over the trans tunnel, great work look awesome. One recommendation, if you still have any second skin left, i would recommend doing the area where your sub enclosure is going to go, that way you have full sound insulation and it will also help your system sound better in the end. If you already have why not, and also put some inside the sub enclosure after you build it.
That is what im doing when i do mine, easier to do it once then have to take it apart again.
pcorriveau951 is offline   Reply With Quote