The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #11
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan's Classic View Post
Watch out for those wild hairs. I've got so many in my head they are starting to grow out of my ears...........really.
I'll talk to Santa about getting you one of these for Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
I gotta second this....
And are you sure you are not going to end up like the one fellow here who started to build a shop/parts runner truck, and ended up putting it in car shows??

I know I am going to show mine as a work in progress, though mainly it will be a hauler for my Tempest to the shows.
Something about a 66 trailering a 66 just seems like it will be cool to me

I really enjoy your build threads man; I learn so much from the guys around here like you!
It's not going to be a show truck...
Must stay focused...
It's not going to be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
I think the biggest problem I have is reading in the forum. So many good ideas get stuck in my head that I'd like to do it's hard to stay on track with the original plan.
BINGO! That's half the problem right there. I'm sure the other half is somhow yalls fault too.

On a more serious note, I did start on the chassis upgrades today. I needed to address the potential problem of the front end bottoming out. I don't want to spend all this time making the undersides all spiffy and then scrape something and mess it all up. So I had this 2x6 laying around and swivel castor and thought, "that would make a great anti-scrape device". So I built it.

Before replying, please remember to keep any comments or remarks birthed out of a covetous heart to yourself, so that you won't feed other members' jealousy and covetousness.

Behold.

Actually, I pulled the front suspension today and needed a way to roll the frame around temporarily.

I also got the front bag plates mounted and test fit the bags. I should be picking up an extra pair of lower control arms this week so I can have a pair to cup for the lower bag mounts. I'm going to go ahead and do all of the fabrication work and get everything mocked up before I prep and paint the frame and chassis parts. That way I'll know that everything fits and won't have to do any drilling/grinding/bending to get the parts to fit for the final assembly. I'm also thinking about re-notching the lower control arm cross shafts to move them forward as much as possible for more castor. Maybe one day I'll be able to afford a set of tubular control arms but I'll make the best of what I have for now.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote