The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2007, 01:14 AM   #1
Rokcrln

Project "Shell Game"

Well just like the title says! I will be taking three projects that I have laying around and mixing them all up untill I come out with a few different directions. I have way to many projects of my own right now and I want to cut down on a few and make room for an English well, Power bead roller, 5' Shear and break.

The first one is known as "Slow Build" because it has be an ongoing project for over 9yrs now and I am just burned out and want to go in different directions but I am in to this project way to deep to just sell it for $0.25 on the dollar. Then I have Low Buck that I am hapy with but still want to change it up abit since it will be my only truck soon. Last but not least in my 70 Factory 2WD Blazer that needs everything.

So I will be tearing Slow Build apart and using the 92 vett LT1 and custom built 700R4 with Sanderson Headers and painless's Perfect RPM harness and computer kit into Low Buck. I have over 8k in this motor/tranny combo and if I tried to sell it I would get maybe 2-4k for it so I decided to keep it around. It is pushing about 360+hp and should get me in the low 20's for gas milage. The tranny was built by ATO in Northern Ca. to handle 700hp out of a small block and has a fully welded 2400rpm converter. I also have a full Vintage Air kit sitting in boxes that I will drop into Low Buck for these nice 100+ days in Winters I will drop the current 350/350 combo from Low Buck into the Blazer, it's a new crate motor that will make for a great power plant for cruising the streets.

Then I will take the full air ride kit and all the suspension out of Slow Build and swap it into the Blazer. It is 5lug, 3" drop spindles up front and out back is a 12bolt stuffed with 3.43's, eaton posi, ECE adjustable panhard bar and shock relocator kit. The rear arms have been cleaned, por15'd and have new bushing's. Then all the stock parts from the blazer will find their way into the Slow Build truck.

Then I was going to put the 68 front end from Slow Build on to Low Buck but my wife really likes the 67 hood I have on their now so I will pu the 68 front end on the blazer and with the tilt hood it should make for alot of head turning.

Once this is all done I will sell off Slow build. It has had all the normal rusted areas fixed, been body dropped 2", the bed floor was sectioned 6" to allow the truck to almost lay rockers. It was tubbed 7" and has a 35 gal SS fuel tank that is set up for an LT1 typ motor.

Today my Father in-law has been itching to turn a wrench for awhile now. He was a large truck machanic but the last 15yrs has been behind a desk so he came over and gave me a hand today on a few projects around the house as well on the tear down of Slow Build. We got pulled the front sheet metal, motor/trans, front cross member fully loaded and the rear suspension. If I get a chance this week end I will start pulling the motor out of Low Buck as well as the heat/AC system.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote