The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2015, 01:49 AM   #1
CrownFab

Project: Greenbach Twin Turbo 68 C20 Build

This is going to be my first truck build and I am super excited. My father in law and I bought this truck about 7 or 8 years ago. We were looking for a shop truck to build but found this gem on ebay and fell in love. It was already bagged when we got it but the work was "subpar" to put it nicely. This truck came out of Michigan and was neglected. It has rust all over, it is much worse than I thought now that I have tore into it...... I am so in love with this truck so I have a lot of patching to do.

2 years ago it lost a transmission and with work being crazy busy and life not cooperating I had to park it. I finally got to a point where I could give it the love it desperately needs.

So as of right now the build is going to be a twin turbo LS with a T56 tranny. I plan on keeping the exterior as is because I really like the patina on the original color. The interior is going to be all updated. I plan on running a digital dash from Haltech which will give me all the information I need so I wont be needing to run any gauges.

Here is a picture of the "greenbach" from a few years ago with a Triumph I built in the bed.

Also have a T56 transmission from a late 90s WS6 trans-am.

Here is how the previous owners cut the dash to make room for some gauges.

And the last picture is how she sits tonight. I removed the whole front end and I am taking the core support in for sandblasting tomorrow.

CrownFab is offline   Reply With Quote