The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2015, 04:08 PM   #11
BMERDOC

Re: 2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments

Sorry Guys. I'm usually quicker with responses. Looks like I dropped the ball. Here we go...

Eightbanger: That tire has a busted belt and should be replaced before it completely fails. The alignment shop should have spotted this before the alignment. It can affect the anlges of your alignment. I feel like they owe you a freeby alignment once you get a good tire on it. JJZepplin was right. It looks like you may be missing some spacers. The top and middle picture shows them behind the shim packs on the right side but its hard to tell if the others have them. You have excessive negative camber (I like to see no more than -1 degree. You don't have enough positive camber. Both the missing spacers and the bad tire can affect this and the readings. Can you confirm all the spacers are intact? BTW, I see an E46 in your driveway. What model is it? They don't call me BMERDOC for no reason.

Hart Rod: This is a great example of how green is not always good. Your camber started out in the negative range, which is good but then they added shims to move it into the positive range. While it is in spec, positive camber is not good. They also show your caster as non-adjustable but we both know it is. The difference in side to side caster is over 1 degree. Because the ride side is higher it would cause your truck to drift or pull to the passenger side. I wouldn't want to see more than .25 degrees difference from side to side. The shop you used has a Hunter machine. In my signature you will find a link called "Easiest Alignment Ever". If you show them this link they can align your truck like I did mine and its the fastest route to get a great alignment for your truck.
2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!

Last edited by BMERDOC; 05-13-2015 at 04:15 PM.
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote