The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
C10_ustacould
A day late and $1 short...

Project "Just an Old Truck"

So a couple of weeks ago I was perusing eBay and saw this '68 step side. Lately, I have preferred fleet side trucks, but this little stepper caught my eye. At first glance it's well... just an old truck, but as I studied it I could see much promise. So, I have set my '70 cab and frame aside and will be focusing my efforts, and the parts I have gathered, on the '68. The first phase of the plan is to do a 4/6 drop over the next couple of weeks and drive the truck a while. The drop consists of a rebuilt 73-87 style disc brake front suspension with energy suspension bushings, moog ball joints, ECE 2.5" drop spindles, and 2" drop coils up front and 6" drop springs in the rear. The second phase will have the 5.3L and 4L60E taking the place of the inline 6 and 3 speed gear box. The 5.3 has a cam upgrade, re-flashed computer, and modified factory wiring harness. A Boyd's Welding rear mount fuel tank is already on the way to replace the in-cab tank. The interior is also getting a few upgrades, but nothing too fancy. I have a set of buddy buckets and new foams with factory style covers from board member "Truckseats" on their way. A new black dash pad and sun visors, along with black 3 point seat belts will be installed to match the new seat covers. So, the plan is laid out and parts are flowing in, I am going to get busy in the garage so we can get the party started! Here is picture to mark the starting point...
Attached Images

Instagram: C10_ustacould

1963 SWB Fleet Side 528 Desert Beige
Milly

1967 SWB Step Side 506 Medium Blue
The Old Girl

1968 SWB Fleet Side 503 Light Green
Ellie SOLD

1965 SWB Fleet Side 507 Light Blue
Prescription Strength SOLD

1971 SWB Fleet Side 521 White
Shiro SOLD